Love, Peace and some kind of Grease



Did your family have funny sayings growing up like I did?  I would call them the wacky side of the family but all sides are just as wacky as the other(I'm sure I'll get loads of comments about that sentence).  The side of the family that said this catchy phrase was my Mother's side.  Most of them past hippies...some still are.  Anytime someone mentioned the word "Peace" they would say "Love, Peace and Hair Grease" to mock them a bit and sometimes follow it by "duuude".  They thought it was funny and I did not, since I heard it ALL the time.  As I got older I started thinking about the phrase every time someone said the "P" word.  Until it dawned on me, I can not escape being one of them so just revel it the nuttiness and move on.  So I did.  In thinking of a great funny saying to put on T-shirts and Greeting Cards I thought of that saying but changed the gross thought of "hair grease" to the sometimes delicious taste of "chicken grease".

What was your families funny saying?  Why not put it on something and give it as a gift??

This is what I did and some people are getting them as gifts this year:
http://www.zazzle.com/goldiedesigns/gifts?cg=196300167145938426

1 comment: